This week I finally got to explore the new TargetCartwheel app and saved $9.67 on my first trip with the new app! Cartwheel is new Target program that gives you access to special coupons and savings. You can accumulate coupons using the website or the free app on your smart phone. Here’s how it works:
- When you start you have 15 “slots” for coupons. You can browse the site and select 15 coupons of your choice. Categories consist of Grocery, Baby, Patio, Health, etc. There are hundreds of coupons on here! Many are for 5% or 10% off but some are pretty good…this week there was one for 50% off flip-flops! (I bought 2 pairs and received 50% off both, even the ones that were on clearance!)
- Be sure to check the expiration date on the coupons!
- Your coupons will be consolidated onto one barcode. Have the cashier scan the barcode at checkout and it will deduct the savings for any applicable items you’ve purchased.
- Don’t have a smart phone? You can select coupons on the website and print the barcode to bring to the store with you. Cartwheel is quick and easy to use. Yesterday I selected coupons ahead of time for things I planned on purchasing. While I was waiting in line to check out I quickly searched the app to see if there were any savings for the items I hadn’t planned on purchasing and then added them to my barcode.
- You can earn more “slots” if your Facebook friends start using Cartwheel and just by using the app in general. The more you save, the more coupon slots you get!
- You can stack the Cartwheel coupons with other Target and/or manufacturer coupons. You can also stack them on top of your REDcard savings, pharmacy rewards, and/or employee discount if applicable.
- You can redeem all of your coupons at once, and do so up to 6 times per day! So if you visit Target 6 times in one day and purchase the same items every time you can get the discount each time. Not likely you’ll do that, but basically you can get a lot of use out of these coupons!
- Some coupons can be used on multiple items. For example, yesterday I had a coupon for 10% off a Mossimo cardigan; I purchased 2 and saved 10% on each of them. Same situation for the 50% off flip-flops coupon.
- The coupons stay on your barcode until they expire or you remove them, so you can keep saving. It’s not like when you go to the register and use a paper coupon and they take it away and you can’t use it again. You can keep using these. (I do recommend removing coupons that you don’t end up using so you can make room for more savings.)
- Unfortunately you can only redeem Cartwheel coupons in Target stores, not online.
I might become addicted to this app. I saved on nearly every item in my cart yesterday and the savings were pretty good when combined with my REDcard and employee discount. I’m all about effortless savings and Cartwheel is a prime example of how adding a small new habit to your routine can yield big savings!