Another week of baby steps…
- I got paid at my full-time job, so $200 automatically went to my savings account. That’s my current goal-to build it up to 3-6 months of income.
- My favorite part of my house is a little reading corner. The last chair that I had in there was small and uncomfortable and made me realize that the chair was the reason I wasn’t spending much time in that corner. I bought a huge cozy chair from a friend for only $40, plus they were wonderful and delivered it since I don’t have a truck! The animals are huge fans, as we can all comfortably fit on this thing at once.
- I cleaned out my closet this week and took a trip to Plato’s Closet. It wasn’t all that successful since I seem to be “outgrowing” their style. But $11 is better than nothing. I have a few other places in mind to try to sell my old clothes. If nothing, then they’ll be donated to Goodwill.
- A friend came over last night to teach me how to clean my gutters. We also put in gutter screens. For about $20 I’m able to screen all of my gutters. This isn’t so much about saving money as it’s about simplifying things for me. I feel like I do a pretty good job of managing this house on my own but keeping up with the gutters is a battle I’d rather not deal with. The gutter screens should help minimize the work. Learning to clean the gutters was easy and it was good to just learn more about my house and the upkeep and understand it all.
- I got a great deal on some necklaces at Target. I like to wear long necklaces to work to dress up casual shirts but I’m fidgety and always messing with my necklaces. I’ve broken two this way. Ugh. Target had two long necklaces on clearance for $5.08 each, (both were originally $16.99) plus I signed up for their mobile coupons and got one for buy one get one free on jewelry. So I got 2 necklaces for $5.08, plus my employee and REDcard discounts. Sweet!