Hi all! I hope you had a great week and Valentine’s Day! Here’s the Simply Save Week In Review:
- I have to report, it’s been a full week since I last took Prednisone for my eyes and they are still ok! I’ve still been very cautious with creams and makeup, only recently reintroducing eye cream and mascara. I did change mascara sometime around Christmas, so perhaps that’s what set my eyes off? It was one Cover Girl formula to another Cover Girl one…so I’m not sure! I probably won’t ever use that new formula again though! I never want to go through that again!
- This was a good month for my car loan goal. I put $1,200 towards my loan this week. I received my taxes back and paid off my credit card and the rest went towards my car loan. That means I have just over $1,000 left!!! It will be paid off at the end of the month…guaranteed!
- Because I have put $2,900 towards my car loan in February alone, I am not going to feel guilty for caving in and buying that Kindle Paperwhite I’ve had my eye on for years! I got it on sale for $99 and am selling my old Kindle to a friend for $55. So a total cost of $44 is nothing to feel guilty about right now. And I’ve loved having the backlit screen when I read before bed!
- I have a ton of bras, but find that I only wear the same few. I love Aerie bras, but they can be a little pricey, so I’ve tried some from Target, only to find that I never wear them. So I decided to get rid of the ones that have collected dust and just stock up on some from Aerie. They’re pricey, but I love them and they last a long time. Lucky me, they were buy one, get one for $10 when I shopped! Awesome! This was a bigger expense that attributed to the credit card balance I mentioned above.
- I earned a free drink at Caribou with Caribou Perks! (I’ve done a lot of blogging at Caribou, using a gift card from my old coworkers, and it’s added up to a lot of points!) Plus my coworkers and I took advantage of the Valentine’s Day BOGO this week!
- I earned a $5 Amazon gift card for searching with Bing Rewards. It’s super easy! (You can sign up here if you’re interested.)
- I earned a free Bark Box for my dog Max! My friend Amy was able to send a few free ones to friends, so thanks Amy! I think Max will love getting a little box of surprises! (Check out Bark Box here!)
- I earned a $25 Amazon gift card with credit card rewards points.
- My sweet family sent me an awesome Valentine’s Day care package that included a $10 Chick-Fil-A gift card. My favorite!
Have a great week everyone!