Simply Save Week In Review time means one thing…TGIF!
- I managed to make an extra $500 payment on my mortgage, plus my regular monthly payment. It feels good to see that big number go down and it’s especially exciting to see it go down to the next 1,000.
- I’d have paid more on my mortgage but my car insurance was up for renewal this week, so that was another $423 for 6 months of coverage. Way better than the days after all my car accidents…
- I earned two $5 Amazon gift cards through Bing Rewards. Which is good because my snow boots are falling apart and they soaked my feet during our blizzard this week. So I ordered a nice, quality pair online and every little gift card helps! That’s the nice thing about minimalism…since I don’t have 5 pairs of boots, I can invest in good quality and not feel guilty about the price because it was a sound, well researched purchase.
- I put $458 into my Roth IRA.
- I earned a $5 Starbucks gift card through Shopkick.
- I love my cats, but they get into things they shouldn’t, especially the little guy who grew up in a dumpster and is super motivated by food. He even thinks wires and cords are food. So I’ve had to resort to putting a canned air thing (like this) with a motion sensor in his current favorite places to discourage him from the chewing. Those cans are air are not cheap (but cheaper than a new TV or vet bills!) so I was appreciative when my friend Amanda gave me a few of them this week! Sadly her cat has realized that air won’t hurt her and isn’t at all fazed by them…
- I’ve been a Verizon customer for awhile so I was excited to hear about their updated military discounts! They’re changing it so that there’s no more minimum plan requirement to get the 15% off! This means over 100,000 people will automatically start seeing that discount on their cell phone bill! And not only are military service members eligible, but retirees and veterans are too! That is awesome! It started at the end of January so you should see the discount on your next bill if you haven’t already. Also, you get 25% off accessories like cases and chargers, and 12% off certain features like international calling to Canada and Mexico. You can also suspend and reconnect service for free when you’re deployed! Tell all your battle buddies and read more here!
This week I ran out of Dr. Pepper and did not buy more. I also never have cash so I can’t hit up the vending machine. It’s been a rough few days, I won’t lie (my coworker stood outside my cube and opened a can of pop and just the sound made my mouth water!) but I’m optimistic. My main motivators are saving money and losing weight. Wish me luck! I hope you all have a great week!