Guys, I’ve spent a lot of extra money lately; books, clothes, pretty notebooks – some needs, most wants. Nothing out of control that will put me into debt, but this is money that I could be putting towards my mortgage. Like I mentioned last week, I’ve been kind of down and I think that may have something to do with my shopping. Spending money doesn’t fix things, yet at the same time I need to cut myself a little slack if I need clothes or want books. Anyways, here’s the Simply Save Week In Review!Does your mood impact your spending? Click To Tweet
Simply Save Week In Review
- Pay day!
- I got a pay raise! It’s really not much at all, but is still nice. I’m mostly just pleased to have received a good performance evaluation for my first 6 months. After the dream job not working out last year, this provides great peace of mind. I really enjoy this job and am so grateful to have it.
- I put $200 into savings.
- $400 went into my 457b account. (Usually I’d increase this because I got a raise, but the raise was pretty miniscule.)
- 6.5% of my wages went into a pension and my employer matched 7.5%.
- I made $37 selling things.
- I had a guest post about decluttering on Think Enriched this week. Amy is awesome and I’ve enjoyed her podcast for a long time. I can’t wait to meet her face to face at FinCon next fall! (PS-I was so honored to be on the podcast last fall. You can listen here!)
- I finally took advantage of one of the free exercise classes my employer offers during lunch break! I went to yoga with my coworker and I think I might be hooked! I should have taken advantage of this perk months ago!
- I’m getting ready for some big spending. I’ve wanted new gutters for a few years now (seamless with leaf guard) and now it’s getting to be a need. I intended to replace them last year but then I lost my job, so I’ve started the process of getting estimates this week. I’ll be using some of the funds I’ve been funneling into savings. You know you’re getting old when you get excited about new gutters!
In Case You Missed It: This Week’s Posts
That’s the little list for this week! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Easter!