Happy April Fool’s Day! I hope you don’t get pranked today! Here’s this week’s Simply Save Week In Review:
- First of the month means $458 into my Roth IRA.
- The Easter Bunny (aka my family) sent me $50!
- I paid an extra $200 on top of my monthly mortgage payment.
- I earned a free drink with the Starbucks Rewards app.
- I have totally broken my commitment to read just my own books this year. Oops. We had a charity book sale at work and I bought a ton. I gave myself a budget of $5 but spent $5.50. But 4 books are for my dad. Really, you can’t beat this many books for $5.50 and for a good cause! Some feel brand new and were on my wish list!
Even the smallest savings add up! Click To Tweet
I had a neat opportunity to stop by the Mall of America’s Verizon Destination store to check out the new Samsung Galaxy S7. It just came out last week and has some pretty cool features:
- It’s got a big screen and slim profile, but still has a huge battery. Usually a big battery means sacrificing the sleek profile, but not with this phone. It also has a cool wireless charging option that can charge the battery halfway in just half an hour.
- The front-facing camera has a flash, something I’ve long wished my iPhone had! Both the front and rear cameras work really well in low light; you get a more authentic picture without the flash washing everything out.
- It’s water-resistant! Even all the holes at the bottom. Seriously. They had me drop the phone in a fish tank. Not just dunk it, but actually let go of it. This is when your heart usually stops and you panic, right? This phone kept working, even the finger print reader. You could unlock it and even take pictures while it was in the water!
- Another cool feature was the virtual reality headset. I’ve never done anything with virtual reality before so this was a totally new experience for me. I did an Avengers scenario and it was honestly really trippy! You just pop the phone into the headset and navigating using some simple one-handed controls. You can watch videos or play games. The headset was actually really comfy, like you could kick back with it on a long plane ride. It had complete 360 degree VR so you could look up, down, behind you. It was really neat. I kept feeling like I needed to move out of the way as things were flying at me!
- I’ve been an iPhone person for years, but it was actually a really cool phone and fun to try the different gadgets. The water test blew my mind and the virtual reality experience was so cool! The phone itself was very sleek in design and use. Definitely worth checking out.
In Case You Missed It: This Week’s Posts:
Plus Some Others You May Be Interested In:
Have a great week everyone!