1. Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
2. Unplug electronics when not in use. They still draw power even when they’re off.
3. See if you can get a discount for bundling your car insurance with your homeowner/renter’s insurance.
4. Try generic brand food and products. Bet you won’t notice a difference!
5. Order water when you’re out to eat. Beverages are one of the most overpriced things on the menu.
6. Have a “no spend day” once or twice a week.
7. Opt for quality clothing over fast fashion. It’ll save you money in the long run.
8. Use Wi-Fi on your phone as much as possible and then lower your data plan accordingly. Don’t pay for more than you need.
9. When it’s time to renew your car insurance, shop around to make sure you’re getting the best price.
10. Earn gift cards by searching with Bing.
11. Increase your retirement contribution each time you get a raise.
12. Pay yourself first. Set up automatic payroll transfers to send money to savings every pay day. Eventually you won’t even notice that the money is “missing” and meanwhile your savings are growing!
13. Unsubscribe from emails from retailers and unfollow them on social media. This will help you resist the temptation!
14. Visit your local library! Many offer more than just books: ebooks, magazines, DVDs, cds, and more!
15. Set up automatic bill pay so that you never have to pay a late fee.
16. But still review your monthly statements and call to correct any errors.
17. Cancel any unused subscriptions: Netflix, magazines, gym memberships, subscription boxes are just a few examples!
18. Clean out your car. Excess weight decreases gas mileage.
19. Declutter your home and sell things you no longer need! There are stores that buy clothes, movies, books, sporting equipment and more. The rest can be sold on Craigslist, Next Door, or Facebook garage sales. (A police department lobby or parking lot can be a great safe place for these transactions.)
20. Install the Honey plugin on your computer to easily find promo codes when you shop online!50 Easy Ways To Save Money! Click To Tweet
21. Swap out disposable items with reusable items. Better for your wallet and the planet!
22. Most places give a discount for paying your car insurance in full instead of monthly.
23. Contact your cable, phone, insurance, and other companies to ask if there are any discounts you’re missing out on. You’d be surprised how much you can save just by asking!
24. Opt for “no rush shipping” on Amazon and get free credits for digital content such as ebooks, music, and TV.
25. Instead of buying little travel-sized bottles of products for your next trip, invest in refillable plastic bottles and fill with your favorite shampoo, conditioner, etc!
26. Are you a good driver? Increasing your car insurance deductible often lowers your rate.
27. Invest in a programmable thermostat and set it to use less energy while you’re at work and sleeping.
28. Hang your clothes to dry. Not only will it lower your utility bills, but it will keep your clothes in better shape.
30. Bring your own reusable bags when you go shopping. Many places give a little discount and I find these bags to be sturdier to use!
31. Lots of coffee shops will give you a discount for bringing your own mug. I keep one in the glove box of my car for spontaneous stops!
32. Keep your tires properly inflated to get better gas mileage.
33. Don’t buy bottled water. Instead, get a cute reusable bottle. If you don’t like the taste, a Brita pitcher can make a huge difference.
34. Mend your own clothes. Simple ripped seams and button replacements are not hard to do.
35. Buy used when it makes sense. Think thrift stores, used book stores, Craigslist, etc.
36. Instead of buying Christmas gifts for every person in your family or friend group, suggest a Secret Santa.
37. These outlet adapters have a timer that turns off the power flow after a set time. Perfect for those that charge their phone or laptop overnight.
38. If you have a credit card rewards program, redeem the points for things like cash or gift cards to places that you could do your everyday shopping at. I love redeeming for Amazon gift cards because they are like cash to me. Only do this if you can pay your card off in full every month, otherwise the rewards are just not worth it.
39. Try turning the thermostat down a few degrees. Bundle up!
40. Eat well during the month of your birthday by taking advantage of birthday rewards programs!
41. Meal plan! Plan your meals around coupons and weekly ads. This also helps cut back on eating out.
42. If you have Xcel for your electric bill, check out the Saver’s Switch.
43. Instead of going out to eat with friends, suggest a potluck! It’s a great way to swap recipes!
44. Rent or borrow tools and other equipment that you don’t use frequently.
45. Turn a hobby into savings by growing your own fruits and veggies!
46. Use your smartphone when you shop! There are countless apps to help you save. Some examples: mobile coupons, Target Cartwheel, ibotta, rewards programs, Shopkick, and more!
47. Don’t go grocery shopping when you’re hungry.
48. When you shop online, shop through Ebates to get cash back on your purchases!
49. Only use ATMs that are in your network, or get cash back next time you use your debit card.
50. Try out a new hobby for at least a few weeks or months before investing in a lot of gear.Need some easy ideas for saving money? Click To Tweet